Airport parking is often regarded as one of the necessary evils of most holiday bookings; an added extra that you just can’t avoid.
It’s a business that we never really think about – well, not until we’ve booked our holiday and are faced with a multitude of companies to choose from.
The UK airport parking business is a large and very complex market featuring hundreds of companies, some well-known household names and others virtually unknown.
Following an evaluation of the UK’s top 30 airport parking companies by Plimsoll Analysis, Help-Me-Park.com LTD, a Gatwick Approved Operator, was ranked as the 16th largest.
Help Me Park ranked with “Outstanding Performance” in a number of the categories considered.
This is an amazing achievement for a company established less than 10 years ago by business partners Barry Babister and Sean McCarthy after spotting a gap in the market. Their Unique Selling Point? To provide a Gatwick meet and greet parking service that provided a higher level of punctuality, integrity and value for its customers.
This ethos, a foundation block of the company when it was set up in September 2005, has seen the company go from strength to strength. Help Me Park’s original promise of a money-back-guarantee that wouldn’t keep its customers waiting – an industry first – still remains today.
Help Me Park has come a long way since its incorporation in 2005 and the building of its first website. Here’s a brief timeline of their business history:
- In 2007, a new website was built to accommodate the increased number of bookings the company was receiving.
- In 2008, Help Me Park purchased its own car park: Leylands
- In 2009, the Safer Parking ParkMark® Award was achieved on its Leylands Car Park
- In 2010, Help Me Park retained its ParkMark® – car parks are assessed annually to ensure high standards are maintained
- In 2011, a new car park was leased at City Place to enable Help Me to accommodate its growing customer base
- In 2012, City Place achieved ParkMark® status
- In 2013, Help Me Park gained Trading Standards Buy With Confidence accreditation and became one of the first meet and greet parking companies to be accepted into Gatwick Airport’s Approved Operator Scheme.